3rd October, 2019
The Future Homes Standard Consultation. Significant Changes are Coming.
On October 1st the Government released details of the Future Homes Standard Consultation which includes changes to Part L (fuel and power) and Part F (ventilation) of the Building Regulations for new dwellings.
Our initial assessment is that the consultation includes significant changes over the current regulations and that the industry will need to learn and adapt to this future vision, and we are committed to helping all FES Group clients to form an understanding of what this means for their businesses. Some of the headline points include:
- New Primary Energy Target alongside CO2; with the removal of the Fabric Energy Efficiency (TFEE) target.
- Adopting SAP10 which will introduce new calculation methodology.
- Introduction of improved, more stringent limiting values on fabric u-values.
- New dwellings to be ready for low carbon heating systems.
- Removal of air test averaging requiring developers to undertake individual air tests on a plot by plot basis.
We will produce a comprehensive report on this shortly but if you have any immediate questions our technical team in the office will be happy to offer their advice.